Alcohol Addiction Rehab In Colorado Springs
Colorado has one of the highest alcohol addiction death rates in the country. A 2018 survey found that almost 1 in every 5 adults engaged in binge drinking the previous month, higher than the national average. According to a report by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control), in 2017, 14.2% of deaths among Colorado’s population ages 20 to 64 years were attributable to alcohol.
If you are battling with alcoholism, seeking detox and treatment in alcohol rehab facilities in Colorado will help.
Do I Need Alcohol Rehab?
Signs of Alcoholism
There are several warning signs that you may have a drinking disorder and need treatment in alcohol rehab.
Alcohol abuse may be mild at the start but can quickly escalate. Not all alcohol abuse is obvious, and it doesn’t always rise to the level of dependency or addiction. Even the vast majority of binge drinkers aren’t alcoholics. That doesn’t make it healthy or safe.
If you do have an alcohol use disorder, the best thing to do is to go for detox and treatment in alcohol rehab. The sooner you do, the sooner you can reclaim your life and future.
Here are some warning signs that you need to go to alcohol rehab:
- Drinking in secrecy or isolation.
- Feeling hungover when you stop drinking.
- Experiencing temporary memory loss and blackouts.
- Neglecting your obligations and responsibilities in order to drink.
- Isolating yourself from family members and friends.
- Drinking to deal with stress or to relax.
- Experiencing extreme and constant mood swings and irritation when not drinking.
Recognize these signs and seek treatment at an alcohol rehab as soon as possible to arrest a potentially life-threatening addiction.
There are also several tools used in alcohol rehab treatment centers that could help you determine if you or a loved one needs to go to alcohol rehab. An example of a screening tool is the four-question CAGE questionnaire self- test:
- Have you ever felt you needed to Cut down on your drinking?
- Have people Annoyed you by criticizing your drinking?
- Have you ever felt Guilty about drinking?
- Have you ever felt you needed a drink first thing in the morning (Eye-opener) to steady your nerves or to get rid of a hangover?
If you answer YES to at least two of the CAGE questions, then you may have a problem with alcohol that needs treatment in an alcohol rehab center.
Alcoholism has adverse effects on your life as shown below. And as such, it is necessary to get the right treatment at an alcohol rehab center.
Some of the physical effects of alcoholism are:
- Appetite loss
- Frequent infections including lung infections and pneumonia
- Liver cirrhosis
- Decreased libido
- Malnourishment and weight loss
- Dehydrated dry skin
- Mouth, throat, and liver cancer
- High blood pressure
- Inflamed intestines and pancreas
- Stomach inflammation, stomach ulcers, and chronic gastritis
- Kidney disease
Seeking early detox and intensive treatment in alcohol rehab centers in Colorado will help you avoid some of these adverse physical effects.