Top Non 12 Steps Treatment in Colorado
While 12 Step programs like Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA) are a common choice when attempting to overcome an addiction, some people find the spiritual aspect of traditional 12 Step meetings off-putting. Other’s may have attempted a 12 step program and realized the steps did not work for them. This is where alternatives to 12 step programs can make a big difference.
Non twelve step treatment programs focus on a more scientific or even holistic approach to the deal with the mental, physical, and emotional aspects of recovery.
These alternatives to the traditional 12-Step program base care on different principles. These principles can change between specific organizations, but they generally include:
Motivation: You must find the motivation yourself to want to change where your life is headed. Without your own personal motivation, you’re not going to be willing to take the necessary steps to alter the course your life is headed down. Consider what drugs or alcohol have done to your life. What have you lost along the way? These are questions you may need to ask to find your motivation.
Personal Responsibility: You have given power over to drugs and alcohol long enough. It’s time that you take ownership of personal responsibility and take back your life. Do not give the power of your life’s direction over to anyone else. You must be the one to set yourself on the course to recovery.
Balance: Balance is critical in recovery. You must find your perfect balance between wellness, overall health and that of participating in your meetings. This can be difficult at first but you will find the balance that fits your life perfectly. Remember, you have to take personal responsibility to find that balance that fits you. No one else can do that for you.
12 Steps vs. Recovery Without 12 Steps
Both programs have unique benefits, never the less, it’s important to analyze them in-depth to be able to figure out which will work for you and your recovery. Some of the benefits of a 12 step programs include:
- Easy to find treatment: Since the 12 steps program have been around for a long time and fairly popular, finding a 12 steps program is rather easy.
- Convenient: 12 step programs usually a recommended part of aftercare programs for persons that finishing their treatment. This means it’s easy to enroll in this kind of programs.
However, this program has some disadvantages:
- A debatable success rate: Some studies have shown that 12 steps program have to a low success rate. While these numbers are debatable, they show that the 12-step program could not be as effective.
- Volunteer-based treatment: 12 step programs are usually volunteer based, rather than medically or psychologically-trained professionals. This can lead to personable, cordial treatment, but it means you might not be getting the evidence-based treatment you need.
- Absence of support for dual diagnosis: Usually addiction is a result of an underlying mental illness, which require more in-depth treatment than the one normally offered in a 12 step programs, making a relapse much more likely.
Need Help Paying for Rehab?
Get a Free Rehab Quote!!
Find out what your insurance will cover.
Why Mountain Spring Recovery?
- Prioritized Safety
- Relaxing Environment
- Patient’s Privacy
- Customized Treatment
Non 12 steps rehab centers have different benefits. They include:
- Dual diagnosis support: Non 12 step rehab centers understand the need to include psychology and mental health as part of their treatments. Treating any hidden mental illness is essential to a healthy recovery, and addiction treatment.
- Professional counseling: Treatments are given by medically or psychologically-trained professionals who are licensed and trained to help you.
Non 12 steps rehab centers don’t follow the traditional 12 step framework, but they provide you with an individualized plan and strategy unique to you, and your needs. Never the less, there are still some drawbacks to non 12 steps treatment. They can include:
- Rarity: Non- Steps rehab programs can be difficult to find, since they are not as common as the ones that align with the traditional 12 step system.
- Distance: Because of the comparative rarity of these programs, it can sometimes be inconvenient or difficult to attend a non 12 step program. However, Mountain Springs understands this, and can assist you with any needs you might have in reaching our center
Types of Non 12 Step Rehab Programs
As we mention before 12 step programs like AA or NA, had been successfully used to help to treat people who abuse drugs or alcohol. But, these are not the only programs available. There are, in fact, several other non-twelve step treatment programs available. The most well-known non religious AA option is the non 12 step recovery program is SMART Recovery.
Smart Recovery (Self-Management and Recovery Training) aims to help dependents break free from their addictions to substances and alcohol. The program strives to help people move away from self-defeating thoughts, attitudes, and actions and develop a healthy perspective. Its four-point program seeks to empower people and provides them with skills to rebuild their lives.
Some people put the two programs against each other SMART Recovery vs AA. But, people respond differently to different programs, so one program is not necessarily better than the other.Another type of non 12 step addiction treatment is the Secular Organizations for Sobriety (SOS). This program can help religious and nonreligious individuals to recover from drug addiction by using a scientific approach to addiction instead.
Another way to deal with addiction is Holistic addiction treatment. This approach takes the whole person into consideration rather than treating symptoms alone and managing them with medicine. The goal of holistic addiction treatment is to heal the mind, body, and soul from the damages of addiction. As you can see there is no shortage of non-religious rehab programs, and Mountain Springs Recovery can help find the right one for you.
Choosing Non 12 Step Rehab
There are no single 12 steps or 12 step alternatives that addresses all the needs of all the people who are dependent on drugs or alcohol. The key to a successful rehabilitation program is the ability to choose the program that best suits an individual’s current medical and psychological needs.It is also important to identify which programs the person finds most comfortable. Considering their personal belief systems and the type of interventions they feel will be most effective. Addiction can impact people differently and may require different ways to treat it.
Before being able to choose the best program for a person it is important to take into consideration what makes a non-12 step recovery programs so different from a 12 step one.
The Non-12 Steps Program views addiction as a health condition while the 12 steps program latter often considers it a moral problem.
The Non-12 Steps Program approaches are science-based, and utilizes scientific methods that help patients examine the causes of their addictions and develop precise solutions to combat them while the 12 step alternatives are religion-based.
The non-12 step recovery model treatment in this system include incorporating therapy, building self-esteem, and improving physical health.
Another feature of a non 12 step recovery program is a counseling component that treats an individual’s condition as unique and tailors its interventions based on what a patient actually needs. This program employs cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and other evidence-backed treatments.
Finding an Affordable non 12 steps rehab centers
If you want to attend a non 12 steps rehab in Colorado, look no further: Mountain Springs Recovery is the answer to your addiction. Our staff provides the top non 12 steps addiction treatment by treating trauma, using science and research, and utilizing different therapies and techniques. Anything you might need from a non 12 step rehab in Colorado, you can find at Mountain Springs Recovery.
If you’re worried about paying for comprehensive treatment at a non 12 steps rehab in Colorado, worry no more. Mountain Springs Recovery accepts countless insurance types, so you can even get all or part of your treatment covered. In fact, some insurance companies have been known to fund your entire rehab stay. Mountain Springs Recovery wants you to get the treatment you need. Simply reach out to our insurance verification experts and we can help you get a clearer picture of what your insurance will cover. There are no obligations associated to reaching out to our insurance experts, we’re here to help you every step of the way.