Non 12 Steps Rehab in Colorado
Non 12-Steps Treatment in Colorado
While 12-step programs such as Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA) are common choices when attempting to overcome an addiction, some people find the spiritual aspect of traditional 12-step programs off-putting. Others may have attempted 12-step programs and realized the steps did not work for them. This is where alternatives to 12-step programs may make a big difference.
Non twelve-step treatment programs focus on scientific or holistic approaches to deal with the mental, physical, and emotional aspects of recovery.
Alternatives to a traditional 12-Step program base care on different principles. Depending on the organization or program, the principles may change, but they generally include:
Motivation: You must find the motivation yourself to change where your life is headed. Without personal motivation, you may not be willing to take the necessary steps to alter the course of your life. Consider what drugs or alcohol have done to you and others. What have you lost along the way? You may ask these questions and others to find your motivation.
Personal responsibility: You have allowed drugs and alcohol to control you long enough. It is time that you took back your life and assumed personal responsibility. Do not allow anyone or anything else to determine the direction of your life. You must be the one to set yourself on the course to recovery.
Balance: Balance is critical in recovery. You should find the perfect balance among wellness, overall health, and continuing your recovery. Finding this can be difficult at first, but you can find a balance that fits your life. Remember, you have to take personal responsibility to find the balance that fits you. No one else can do that for you.
Let one of our rehab specialists explain our non 12-step program:
Both 12-step and non 12-step programs have unique benefits. It is important to analyze them in-depth to determine which ones will work for you and your recovery. Some of the benefits of 12-step programs include:
- Availability: Since 12-step programs have been around for a long time and are used around the world, finding a 12-step program may be easy.
- Convenience: 12-step programs usually a recommended part of aftercare programs for people who are finishing addiction treatment. Treatment providers may help people enroll 12-step programs.
12-step programs also have some disadvantages:
- Debatable success rate: Some studies claim that 12-step programs have a low success rate. While these numbers are debatable, they show that the 12-step program may not be as effective as other types of sobriety assistance.
- Volunteer-based treatment: Volunteers, not medically or psychologically trained professionals, operate 12-step programs. This may create personable, cordial treatment, but it means you may not be receiving the evidence-based treatment you need.
- Less support for dual diagnosis: Addiction is often the result of an underlying mental illness. The presence of both conditions is called a dual diagnosis. This condition requires more in-depth treatment than many 12-step programs provide, which may make a relapse more likely.
Non 12-step rehab centers have different benefits. They include:
- Dual diagnosis support: Non 12-step rehab centers understand the need to include psychology and mental health as part of their treatments. Treating coexisting mental illnesses is an essential part of addiction treatment and a healthy recovery.
- Professional counseling: Medically or psychologically trained professionals who are licensed and trained to provide assistance are a feature of many non 12-step treatment programs.
Non 12-step rehab centers do not follow the traditional 12 step framework, but they provide you with an individualized plan and strategy unique to you and your needs. But there are also drawbacks to non 12-step treatment. They may include:
- Scarcity: Non 12-step rehab programs may be difficult to find since they are not as common as the approaches that align with the traditional 12-step system.
- Distance: Because of the comparative rarity of these programs, it may sometimes be inconvenient or difficult to attend a non 12-step program. Mountain Springs Recovery understands this and may help you reach our center.